Thursday, July 28, 2011

Words to Live By

Every morning when I sit at my desk, I blindly draw an "affirmation" card from a box I keep next to my computer...all to set the tone for the day. This morning I pulled the following:

It does not matter what other people say or do. What matters is how I choose to react and what I choose to believe about myself.
--from "I Can Do It" cards by Louise L. Hay

Wow! Two simple sentences that say so much. We cannot control others, but we can control how we react to outside stimuli. This is something we all know but often forget in the confusion of the day. Take some time to stop and think about your mood right now. How are you feeling? Why are you feeling this way? Is there something you can do right now to put yourself in a better frame of mind? If so, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged. Please honor the positive nature of this blog and refrain from negative or hurtful comments. The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice.