Monday, August 1, 2011

The Joys of a Rainy Day

Here in SoCal we don't get rain very often, especially in the summertime. But this morning I awoke at 6am to the sound of thunder, and then came the rain. Ahhhh... There's nothing better than waking early and listening to the rain on the roof, knowing that you don't have anywhere to be and can languish in bed as long as you wish. It's one of those simple pleasures that make you stop and enjoy the moment.

When I finally got up I went outside with the dogs and came back in to tell my hubby that it "Smells like Saratoga"...that wet, earthy smell. A little while later my son went in the backyard and came in saying, "It smells like Virginia out there." Great minds think alike...well, at least we were both thinking east coast.

Never mind that I had plans to float in the pool reading on my free Sunday...I was happy to give it up for a lazy morning reading the newspaper in jammies and drinking a hot cup of coffee while the rain came down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged. Please honor the positive nature of this blog and refrain from negative or hurtful comments. The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice.