Thursday, August 25, 2011

PajamaJeans? Sign Me Up!

I don't watch television very often, and when I do it's usually something I have recorded on the DVR and when I finally have the opportunity to sit down and watch, I click through all the commercial breaks. My son is appalled that I have no idea what he's talking about sometimes when he quotes commercials, but so be it. I'm clueless.

Well, what a surprise it was when a commercial came on for PajamaJeans. Where have I been? I sat staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open. I think I may have found heaven. Jeans comfortable enough that you can sleep in them, but still look great enough to go out in? That's too good to be true.

First, in order to understand how excited this news made me, you need to understand where I'm coming from. I work from home. I spend the day sitting in front of my computer, curled up on the couch readinor sitting at my desk editing. I don't have to get dressed up for the office, but if I stay at my desk in pajamas all day I just don't feel productive. And, if I have to run out for some reason or, heaven forbid, someone stops by, I have to race to my closet and get dressed for company. Jeans are comfortable, and that's primarily what I wear...but after a few hours of sitting the waistband and snap start to dig into my skin (yes, I admit I have put on a few extra pounds over the years) and I begin getting antsy. I've solved this problem by wearing yoga pants...with a pair of jeans conveniently set on my bed should the doorbell ring or there be a need for a quick afternoon trip to the post office or UPS. So when I heard about these pants I was nearly drooling for a pair.

But being a skeptic, I couldn't completely trust the commercial. I went to my trusty computer and Googled PajamaJeans. After watching the nifty infomercial (the same one shown on TV), I searched for PajamaJeans reviews. There were some written reviews and even a few YouTube video reviews. Imagine that! Nearly everyone seemed to love them. Sure, there were some negatives...like the dye running in the washer and ruining a load of clothes, or a rivet came off, or the husband who couldn't stand seeing his wife in them. But there were far more lovers than haters, so...I ordered a pair. Yup...I succumbed to an infomercial. Now I'm eagerly waiting for the UPS man (it didn't say how long I'd have to wait). And when they arrive, I'll tell you what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged. Please honor the positive nature of this blog and refrain from negative or hurtful comments. The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice.